Name of Programme:
PROGRAMME OF BUILDING HOUSING UNITS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF GOVERNMENT ORDINANCE no. 19/1994
- Government Ordinance no. 19/1994, as approved, as amended and supplemented by Law no. 82/1995, as amended and supplemented by Government Ordinance no. 76/2001 and by Law no. 734/2001.
- Detailed rules implementing the provisions of Government Ordinance no. 19/1994, approved by Government Decision no. 950/2002.
County and local councils, together with the Ministry of Regional Development and Housing – in its capacity as main fund manager.
The programme was initiated in 1993, further to the provisions of Government Decision no. 391/1993.
Housing units are distributed by local public administration authorities: local councils, city halls, and constructions are finalized according to physical execution stages.
Local councils/city halls or their delegated managers, who are responsible for the performance of the investments, conclude prior contracts and contracts with the applicants for housing units.
Applicants for housing units are selected by social commissions, in the same order in which applications were received and based on criteria that take into consideration the residential and economic status, only from certain disfavoured social categories provided by Government Ordinance no. 19/1994.
Disfavoured social categories provided by Government Ordinance no. 19/1994, especially young married persons, aged no more than 35 years.
Finalization of the works for blocks of flats under various execution stages, initiated from state funds and which had gone out of financing sources.
Government Ordinance no.
Finalization of the works for blocks of flats under various execution stages, which had remained unfinished since before 1990.
Sources of the state budget, sources of local budgets and sources of beneficiaries of housing units.
The feeding of special accounts at county level from amounts resulting from the sale of the premises having a different destination and located in the blocks of flats forming the object of the programme, from advance payments made by the beneficiaries of housing units (at least 10% of the amount of the housing unit), from instalments and interest or amounts deposited by the beneficiaries of housing units in order to fully pay their cost.
The feeding of special accounts at county level from amounts allocated from the state budget on an annual basis in order to provide financing at the required level, as substantiated by local councils, through county councils.
Primary characteristic: The amounts resulting from the sale of housing units are not returned to the state budget, but are kept by the local budgets, their destination being only the construction of housing units. These amounts are redistributed between county councils and local councils, according to needs.
Amount of programme:
For each year, the funds from the state budget with this destination are approved by the law on the state budget for the respective year, through the budget of the Ministry of Regional Development and Housing.
Depending on the funds allocated from the state budget. The finalization of the programme is foreseen for 2008.
- Making an inventory of the blocks of housing units under various execution stages, which remained non-finalized before 1990;
- Drafting proposals for the annual programme;
- Approving the annual programme;
- Elaborating, based on the annually approved programme, the lists of funds by counties, localities and investment objectives;
- Approving financing lists;
- Sending financing lists to county councils for the counties included in the annual programme;
- Monthly centralization of the requests of county councils regarding the special account activity opened in territorial treasuries for the building of housing units and the output obtained and unsettled at the end of each month;
- Monthly breakdown by county of the funds allocated from the state budget, based on the applications of county councils, and elaboration of the Substantiation Note for opening of budgetary loans;
- Monthly approval of the Substantiation Note for opening of budgetary loans;
- Monthly transfer of amounts to counties’ budgets;
- Monthly distribution of amounts and their transfer to the budgets of the administrative - territorial units in order to finalize condominium buildings under various execution stages;
- Following-up whether payments are within the approved quarterly and annual ceilings;
- Programme monitoring;
- Following-up whether the deadlines for commissioning of objectives are met, in accordance with the annual approved schedule.