Name of programme:
PROGRAMME OF BUILDING SOCIAL HOUSING UNITS INTENDED FOR TENANTS EVICTED FROM THE HOUSING UNITS RETROCEDED TO FORMER OWNERS
- Government Emergency Ordinance no. 74/2007 on the provision of the fund of social housing units intended for tenants evicted or to be evicted from the housing units retroceded to former owners
Local councils.Presentation of programme:
Characteristics of programme development:
- general characteristics:
- the fund of social housing units is established by local councils in the territorial-administrative units that have over 10 applications filed by entitled persons;
- entitled persons are the natural persons who fulfil all the conditions provided under article 1 (3) of Government Emergency Ordinance no. 74/2007;
- the entitled persons who have a priority access to such housing units are those who fulfil at least one of the following conditions:
a) their net monthly income obtained over the last 12 months is by at least 20% below the level of the monthly net income annually established by Government Decision, in accordance with the provisions of article 8 (2) of the Housing Law no. 114/1996, as republished, as subsequently amended and supplemented;
b) are disabled, incapacitated and/or retired persons;
- social housing units belong to the public domain of the administrative and territorial units and are not for sale;
- social housing units may be created by erection of new buildings or rehabilitation of existing buildings.
- primary characteristics of the programme:
- carried out according to investment programmes promoted at local level; city councils have the capacity as beneficiaries;
- social housing units are created within the limits of the minimal equipment and comfort requirements provided under Annex no. 1 to Housing Law no. 114/1996, as republished, at an average finishing degree.
Creating a fund of social housing units intended for the tenants evicted from the housing units retroceded to former owners in the administrative-territorial units where over 10 applications were filed by entitled persons.Financing sources:
Local budget, complemented by the state budget.Development stages:
The development of the investment process for the building of social housing units is the obligation of the local public administration authorities, the financing being ensured from own budgets.
The funds approved from the state budget via this programme are allocated by transfers, complementing the funds allocated from the local budgets.
In order to ensure the funds required to finance the building of rental social housing units for the persons evicted from the housing units retroceded in kind to former owners, the local councils shall provide the amounts related to each construction, by financing sources, including the amounts required to complement those received from the state budget, upon substantiation of annual draft local budgets.
The programme development stages are
- The local councils transmit the Lists of social housing units proposed for financing, as well as the documents showing the investment promotion stage of proposed social housing units (feasibility study and decision of the local council for approving the study, execution contract, etc);;
- The Ministry of Regional Development and Tourism makes an inventory of the Lists of social housing units proposed for financing, sent by the local public authorities;
- Drafting the proposals for the annual programme, based on inventory and investment prioritization;
- Approving the annual programme;
- Elaborating and approving the financing lists by localities and investment objectives;
- Sending financing lists to local councils; the funds approved from the state budget are intended only for the settlement of the construction-assembly works executed;
- Monthly centralization of the requests of county councils regarding the output obtained and unsettled at the end of each month and the anticipated output for the current month;
- Monthly distribution of the funds allocated from the state budget, based on the requests of local councils, and elaboration of the Substantiation Note for opening of budgetary loans;
- Monthly approval of the Substantiation Note for opening of budgetary loans;
- Monthly transfer of amounts to local councils` budgets;
- Following-up whether payments are within the approved quarterly and annual ceilings;
- Programme monitoring;
Name: CONSTANTINESCU MIHAELA