Name of programme:
SWIMMING POOLS PROGRAMME– carried out in accordance with the Order of the Ministry of Transport, Constructions and Tourism no. 674/2007 approving the Swimming Pools Programme and with Government Decision no. 414/2007 approving the detailed rules for Programme Development
- Order of the Ministry of Transports, Constructions and Tourism no. 677/2007 approving the ”Swimming Pools” programme carried out by the National Investment Company CNI SA.
- Government Decision no. 414/2007 approving the detailed rules for development of the “Swimming Pools” Programme.
- 2007 State Budget Law no. 486/2006
- Order 308/6 June 2007 approving the summary list of investment objectives within the “Swimming Pool” Programme, through the National Investment Company "CNI" SA, in 2007.
The Ministry of Regional Development and Housing, by the National Investment Company “CNI” SA.
The commissioning of such swimming pools is meant to ensure optimal conditions for sports activities, training of high performance teams, representative teams. At the same time, emphasis will be placed on the harmonious development of young people, by practising this sport.
- Direct beneficiaries:
- population of the localities where such objectives are to be achieved
- Indirect beneficiaries:
Building of swimming pools in a large number of localities in the country.
Carrying out the Programme by promoting 3 types of swimming pools, adjusted to the urban environment requirements, for the harmonious and healthy development of young people:
- Olympic-size swimming pool
- water polo pools
- school swimming pools
Financing sources according to 2009 State Budget Law.
Amount of 2007-2009 programme:
RON 613,403 thousand.
Deadlines for submission of the applications for funds:
Duration and development stages:
For the period 2007 to 2009, 70 swimming pools are foreseen to be built in the entire country.
The Programme development stages are the following:
- 2007 - pilot projects for the 3 types of basins are foreseen to be purchased
- 2008 – the execution of 35 swimming pools is foreseen to be started
- 2009 – the execution of 35 swimming pools is foreseen to be started